jueves, 1 de mayo de 2014

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Today I had the opportunity to teach the 10th Grade US History class so that I had a chance to teach a different grade level and subject.  I had the opportunity to talk about the era of Reconstruction, mentioning people like the carpetbaggers and scalawags and the Civil War Amendments.  After my PowerPoint lecture, we reenacted the different stages of technology during the Civil War.  Even though I was bs-ing these different stages a little bit, it was a good opportunity for these guys to throw paper wads at each other like the 9th Graders did.  After a little bit of tutoring this afternoon, I was on my way home.  When I got home, I finally got the last document that I needed for my Student Teacher Work Sample over email.  As I was excitedly opening up the email and downloading it to my computer so that I could include it, the internet went out at the house.  Just my luck.  So I waited five minutes for it to come back up and then hurriedly saved the document, included said document, and then submitted the portfolio.  Praise the Good Lord, that was a big weight lifted off of my shoulders.  I did my best happy dance before dinner.  That night, I had my baby brother Skype me in to the Thunder game.  He put his computer in front of the TV and went to Buffalo Wild Wings while I watched the game.  It was quite the ordeal, turning into another OT game.  After the disappointing loss, I gave Kelsey a lecture over the causes and consequences of World Wars I and II because she is about to teach the novel Remember the Stars.  It was definitely a lot of information and hopefully she got some of it, but it was a good indicator that I have a good understanding of WWI because I was spouting off dates like crazy.  It was like I just taught a unit on the subject or something.   

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario